Governor Strickland has proposed eliminating $200 million from the Public Library Fund over the next two years.
If approved, the proposal would cut the Columbus Metro Library’s state funding by 50%. The results would be devastating: closing branches, halting new books and materials and shutting down programs and services that are vital to our children and community.
ACT NOW – SAVE YOUR LIBRARY!
The Columbus Metropolitan Library encourages you to do the following:
* Post a tweet on Twitter or update your Facebook with the following message:
Our libraries are in jeopardy. I contacted my elected officials to save Ohio libraries. You should too. Find out more: http://bit.ly/B7IJ7
(or use http://www.columbuslibrary.org/save_our_library)
* Change your profile picture on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites to the Save Ohio Libraries image below.
* E-mail your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues.
* Call the Governor’s office at 614-466-3555 and state your opposition to this proposal.
* Visit the CML website to learn more.
* Visit the Ohio Library Council website for more information.